Brownie Grade: A-
Oh and here are the recipes:
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup raw sugar (i used the regular granulated stuff and it was fineee)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup unbleached white flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet vegan chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1 dash cinnamon (optional– I did this)
Preheat oven to 350 and lightly spray or oil an 8 x 8 baking pan.
Mix applesauce, sugar, and vanilla in a medium bowl. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt (and cinnamon if using) together.
Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the applesauce mixture. Mix until just combined. Gently fold in chocolate chips (and walnuts if using).
Spread in prepared pan and bake 25-30 min, until center is firm and not sticky. Cool completely before slicing.