yay for Veggieventures. this was me going offbeat. no 101cookbooks, no smittenkitchen, no epicurious….just me and my flavor palette. oh snap. I was hungry and wanted to create…what I wanted to create. So I took to my kitchen and threw some favorites together in what ended up being a very tasty dish, if i may say so myself.
1/2 box of Whole Wheat linguine
2 Cups of Brussels Sprouts (halved)
1 Cup of Chopped Walnuts
2/3 Cup of Feta
1) Cook Pasta in Boiling Water on Stove top for 8-10 minutes (until al dente)
2) Meanwhile, halve the brussels sprouts
3) After halving the brussel sprouts, add oil to a large non-stick sauce pan and pan fry the brussel sprouts for about 6-7 minutes total. Toss brussels sprouts every couple of minutes or so until they brown.
4) Once they begin to brown, add chopped walnuts to the frying pan and turn heat on low.
5) After mixing in the walnuts for a couple of minutes, add al dente pasta to the pan and mix well. Season with salt and pepper and add a little olive oil, if needed.
6) Once mixed well, remove from heat and transfer mixture to bowl. Add feta and a touch of 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
7) Add feta to mix and season with salt and pepper to taste.
8) Enjoy and Share!!!
Additional notes: For the non-vegs out there, you could add some chopped chicken to this mix to satisfy the need for meat. For gluten-free buddies: this recipe is easily adaptable by just using gluten free pasta. It would also probably taste good with rice. Maybe i’ll try that next time… 🙂