I swear. i really don’t eat out that much. i cook a lot. ask my roomies, they know. i cook a lot. i bake a lot.
well now that i have reassured myself and hopefully you that i cook a lot, here is a little recipe that i threw together. we had one of our end of the “year” bbqs at work, so i just decided to make this quick orzo pasta salad (after being inspired by BOOF buddy jds). the recipe found on epicurious called for fewer ingredients than i included, but i wanted a really hearty pasta salad and i think this added both color and more flavor to the original salad.
- 1/2 Cups of Orzo
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 15- to 15 1/2-ounce can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano ( I just used dried because I didn’t have any fresh on hand)
- 1/4 of a 15-ounce log soft fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup of halved cherry tomatoes*my addition
- 1/2 cup of Sugar Snap Peas* my addition
1 ) Add salt to boiling water and add orzo. Let cook for 9-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2) Meanwhile in a large bowl, add olive oil, lemon juice and minced garlic clove and mix.
3) When orzo is finished cooking, drain pasta and add to large bowl with olive oil, lemon juice and garlic. Add garbanzo beans, cherry tomatoes, and sugar snap peas to the mix. Stir well.
4) Top with crumbled goat cheese and oregano and mix well.
5) Season with Salt and Pepper to taste.
6) Enjoy and Share!