>Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. Not the band but I know it is no longer summer. Although with these recent warm weather days, it has definitely felt like it. Nevertheless, I made toward the end of the summer to capitalize on the last of my summer fruits, but never posted about it. I am sorry that I have hidden this gem from you but better late than never?
Adapted from: From the Board Room to the Barn
1 cup of fresh blueberries
1 cup of fresh blackberries
1 cup of fresh strawberries (quartered)
3 ripe peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon flour
1/4 cup to 1/3 cup sugar (depending on the sweetness of your fruit)
1 cup regular rolled oats
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
4 tablespoons unsalted butter,chilled and cut into very small pieces
Pinch of salt
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Butter an 8-inch square baking dish. Put the berries and peaches in a large bowl. Add the lemon juice, flour and sugar to the bowl.
3) Gently toss and let sit for a few minutes until the sugar dissolves and the mixture thickens.
4) Meanwhile, combine the rolled oats, flour, cinnamon, brown sugar, butter and salt with a pastry blender or a fork. Mix together until the mixture is crumbly.
6) Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, until top is brown and the berries are starting to bubble up through the topping. Serve warm or at room temperature with vanilla ice cream.
7) Enjoy and Share!