>These are one of my favorite holiday time cookies. However, they are so good that sometimes I am tempted to make them all year round. Just saying…
Additionally, I am not a huge proponent of using shortening while baking (yeah, it’s kind of gross), but a couple of the holiday cookie recipes I use, utilize it…so yeah.
Adapted from Allrecipes
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon ground ginger
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup shortening
1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup dark molasses
1/3 cup cinnamon sugar
1) Preheat oven to 250 degrees
2) Sift the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt into a mixing bowl. Blend well.
3) Beat together the shortening and white sugar followed by the egg and molasses.
4) Add the dry ingredients into the molasses mixture and mix well.
5) In a separate small bowl, mix together cinnamon and sugar.
6) Make 1 inch balls of dough and roll them into the cinnamon sugar mixture.
7) Place on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
8) Bake for about 8-10 minutes until the cookies crack slightly.
9) Share and Enjoy!
What is the holiday season without gingersnap cookies?!?