This was the home run. I actually ended up making it again…twice…for my classmates because everyone loved it so much. No matter what your audience is this is just a winner. WINNING, duh. (you see what I did there!)
Adapted from Allrecipes
1/2 cup unsalted butter
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
5 cups of fresh baby spinach (USE THIS!) or 1 10 oz package of frozen spinach (thawed)
1 pint of sliced mushrooms
1 3/4 cup of Feta cheese
1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
1 (9 inch) unbaked deep dish pie crust
Salt and pepper to taste
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2) In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Saute garlic and onion in butter until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
3) Stir in spinach, mushrooms, feta and 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
4) Spoon mixture into pie crust.
5) Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper.
6) Pour into the pastry shell, allowing egg mixture to thoroughly combine with spinach mixture.
7) Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Sprinkle top with remaining Cheddar cheese, and bake an additional 35 to 40 minutes, until set in center.
8) Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.
9) Share and Enjoy!!!
Just delicious. If I knew quiche were this easy to make, I would have been making quiche a LONG time ago. Just saying. Super delicious. Super Easy. Make this as soon as you get a chance…please. Do it for me, your friends and your family. They need this quiche in their lives. 🙂