Back to Cooking Light Pasta. Heyooo. This recipe is a definite keeper and is really good if you are entertaining. Definitely a crowd pleaser…or just make it and eat a lot of it…yeah, do that.
Adapted from Cooking Light Pasta
8 ounces uncooked Cavatelli (I used this) or orecchiette pasta
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded Gruyère cheese, divided
1 tablespoon butter
1 Cup of Baby spinach
1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons dry white wine
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1) Preheat oven to 375°.
2) Cook pasta according to package directions, no salt. Drain well.
3) Combine the flour and salt in a saucepan over medium heat. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly with a whisk; bring to a boil.
4) Cook 1 minute or until slightly thick, stirring constantly with a whisk.
5) Remove from heat. Stir in 3/4 cup cheese, stirring until melted.
6) Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
7) Add shrimp and garlic; sauté 3 minutes. Stir in wine and pepper, and cook 1 minute or until shrimp is done.
8) Add pasta, shrimp mixture, and spinach to cheese mixture, tossing well to combine.
9) Spoon the pasta mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish lightly coated with oil; sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
10) Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until cheese melts and begins to brown.
11) Share and Enjoy!
This wont last too long in your fridge or at the table. It is just that good. And despite the pasta and cheese, it is really not that bad for you! Yup. Cooking light does it again!