Winter Soup. Favorite soup ever? Perhaps. Make it time and time again? Yes, please.
2 Heads of Broccoli
2 White potatoes
3 cloves of minced garlic
2 cups of vegetable broth
1 cup of water
1 small onion chopped
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1) In small pot, bring water to a boil and cook potatoes for about 10-12 until softened. Drain. Dice into smaller chunks.
2) In large pot, heat olive oil.
3) Add garlic and onion and saute until slightly browned. Season with Salt and Pepper.
4) Add vegetable broth and water to large pot and bring to boil.
5) Add broccoli heads and cook for about 4-5 minutes. Add cooked potatoes to large pot.
6) Divide and transfer soup mixture into food processor and pulse and puree well.
7) Transfer pureed mixture back to large pot and add heavy cream. Stir well.
8) Add cheddar and mix well until it melts. Season with Salt and Pepper to taste.
9) Top with garnish if you so choose.
10) Share and Enjoy!
Yum. I can eat this stuff all year round. Truth.