My cauliflower soup is a lot like my asparagus soup and my broccoli cheddar soup. I think the desire to puree things and make these delicious creamy based soups all stemmed from the fact that I had finally bought a food processor this winter and wanted to use it every chance that I got. I think that makes complete sense. Now that I think about it, I really need to make some nice chilled summer soups and bust out that food processor again. I miss it. It misses me. There is a lot of missing going on.
1 Cauliflower Head, chopped into smaller chunks
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
4 cups of vegetable broth
1 cup of water
1/4 cup of heavy cream
1) In a large pot, heat olive oil
2) Add onion and garlic and saute until slightly browned, about 4-5 minutes.
3) Add cauliflower and continue to cook for about 5-6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
4) Add vegetable broth and water and let simmer for about 7-8 minutes.
5) Divide up soup and mixture and transfer into food processor in small batches. Pulse the food processor with each batch until pureed.
6) Once all of your soup is pureed, transfer the entire mixture back to the large pot and stir in heavy cream.
7) Taste. Season with additional salt and pepper, if you so desire.
8) Top with pretty garnish.
9) Share and Enjoy!