Part II on my Momma’s Mother’s Day Brunch. Tasty muffins adapted from Joy the Baker
3/4 stick (6 Tablespoons) unsalted butter
1/3 cup whole milk
1 egg yolk
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
1) Preheat to 375 degrees F.
2) Generously butter or spray muffin cups (makes 12 perfect cupcake size muffins…I strongly believe that muffins do not need liners…just saying).
4) Mix together milk, egg, yolk, and vanilla until well combined (with the warm melted butter).
5) Whisk together dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
6) Add milk mixture and stir until just combined.
7) Gently fold in the raspberries.
8) Divide the batter among muffin cups and spread evenly.
9) Bake until golden and insert a toothpick into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 18-20 minutes.
10) Cool or don’t ( I think they are delicious hot and warm right out of the oven…just don’t burn your tongue! )
11) Share and Enjoy!