School makes me busy. Really busy. Unfortunately, this year Mother’s Day fell on the Sunday right before final exams so I was going to be unable to go home and spend the day with my Mom. Because I have the coolest Mom ever, she decided to make the trip out to Scrantonia just to hang out with my in my apartment for the day. Since she was making the trip out, I obviously wanted to do something for her, so I decided to make a little brunch filled with quiche and muffins. Sound ok? Great.
Quiche has become one of my favorite foods to make because it is SO easy and so simple. You essentially can take a basic quiche and add whatever your heart desires to make it uniquely your own. YUM.
It is common knowledge that during the spring and summer, asparagus dominates, so I really wanted to use Asparagus in my quiche.
1 small onion, chopped
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup of milk
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 pie crust
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2) In a large sauce pan, heat oil
4) Add asparagus to saucepan and saute for another 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
5) Add cherry tomatoes for about 2 minutes and then transfer onions, asparagus and tomatoes to the pie crust.
6) Meanwhile, in a medium sized bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and 1/2 cup of cheese until scrambled.
7) Transfer egg mixture over veggies in pie crust.
8) Cook in oven for 10 minutes on 375, then remove and top with the rest of cheddar.
9) Turn heat down to 325 degrees and place quiche back in oven and cook for another 20 minutes until cheeses melts and slightly browns.
10) Share and Enjoy!
My mom really enjoyed this quiche throughout the morning and afternoon and I think you will too!