I’m going to write a short letter. I do this on occasion. I just thought I would prepare you.
Thank you for introducing this wonderful cake to me this summer. I will make probably make it all summer long adding a various assortment of berries and deliciousness.
Adapted from Smitten Kitchen
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon table salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pound strawberries, hulled and halved
2) Butter a 10-inch pie pan or 9-inch deep-dish pie pan
3) Whisk flour, baking powder and salt together in a small bowl.
4) In a larger bowl, beat butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy.
5) Mix in egg, milk and vanilla until just combined.
6) Add dry mixture gradually, mixing until just smooth.
7) Pour into prepared pie plate. Arrange strawberries, cut side down, on top of batter, as closely as possible in a single layer ( I actually made a second layer).
9) Let cool in pan on a rack.
10) Share and Enjoy!
If you do not make this, I wont be mad at you but I will be extremely sad for you. Your summer will not be complete without this cake. Just saying. Go make it. Fourth of July is around the corner…