Summer Baking Series: Part II.
Essentially my plan is to bake every type of delicious fresh berry dessert I can get my hands on. Watch out world, fresh berry deliciousness coming to a barbecue near you.
Another adaptation from Smitten Kitchen
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup wheat flour
1 cup cold unsalted butter (2 sticks or 8 ounces)
Zest and juice of one lemon
4 cups fresh blueberries
1/2 cup white sugar
4 teaspoons cornstarch
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2) Grease a 9×13 inch pan.
3) In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup sugar, 2 cups white flour, 1 cup wheat flour and baking powder. Mix in salt and lemon zest.
5) Pat half of dough into the prepared pan.
6) In another bowl, stir together the sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice. Gently mix in the blueberries.
7) Sprinkle the blueberry mixture evenly over the crust.
8) Crumble remaining dough over the berry layer.
10) Cool completely before cutting into squares.
11) Share and Enjoy!
I was a little under on the amount of blueberries that I needed, but it was still super delicious. I am going to warn you; however, I will be making more fruit bars in the near future so be prepared. 🙂