I was in a real pickle when I was deciding what to title these cookies. When I think of double chocolate, I always think of a chocolate cookie with chocolate chips which I think is pretty standard. However, when I made these cookies and I decided to replace those chocolate chips with butterscotch chips, I thought to myself….is this still a double chocolate cookie? I thought to myself well then could it just be a butterscotch cookie, but that would not account for the chocolateiness….so yeah. I was in a serious pickle. I obviously decided on the above because I thought it was the most accurate but I could really use some help justifying this argument. No really, help me.
Besides that, I made these intentionally for good buddy of BOOF, SkiJoe, as a congrats gift for being done with taking a super important test. Oh and they are good. For real good.
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup white granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 stick unsalted butter (1/2 cup)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup milk
2) In a mixing bowl, combine sugars and butter and beat until light and fluffy.
3) Beat in egg, vanilla and milk into sugar and butter mixture.
4) In a separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients: flours, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
5) Whisk together well and add to wet ingredients in small portions beating in well.
6) Fold in butterscotch chips
7) Roll dough into small balls and place on baking sheet about 1 1/2 inch apart
8) Bake for 10-12 minutes until slightly crackled
9) Share and Enjoy.
Yes I will make these again. I will also share and enjoy. These are really tasty and super easy and quick. Just make them.