These were so good. I do not really know if the proper way to title them is as “Tacos” because I guess they could almost be quesadillas or fajitas, but regardless they were super good and pretty good for you too. I also felt like I was on my own version of 30 minute meals WINWINWINWIN.
Makes: 2 Tacos
1 small onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1 cup large shrimp (I used 12)
1/2 cup of pepper jack cheese
Tortillas of your choice
1) In a large sauce pan over medium heat, heat olive oil
2) Add onions to olive oil and saute for 3-4 minutes until translucent
3) Add garlic to pan and saute for another 2 minutes
4) Add bell peppers to the pan and continue to heat and saute for another 2-3 minutes
5) Add shrimp and fajita seasoning, salt and pepper to the mixture and cook the shrimp until they turn pink, about 5- 6 minutes
6) Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan on low-medium heat, spray with non-stick oil and place tortilla in the pan
7) Add 1/2 shrimp and veggie mixture to tortilla and top with 1/2 of the shredded pepperjack cheese.
8) Do the same with the second tortilla.
9) Share (not reallyyyy) and Enjoy!
I was actually surprised by how good these were. The spice was enough but not too much and if you wanted to enhance the spice kick (but I liked them just fine), I presume that you could maybe add 1/2 small diced jalapeno into the mix. I know that there was no sour cream, beans, rice, guac or any of that other delicious stuff, but these were really filling without all of those extra calories. By the way, I used low-carb tortillas and it was still delicious. True story.