I made these a while ago…and by a while, I mean like a month ago. Sorries. Life got in the way. However, they were sooo good and so easy and simple to make. You should make them. You shouldn’t care that there is no meat in them because they are just that good. I do think that if you MUST have meat, you could add some chicken or beef and it would also give it some more flavor.
2 teaspoons olive oil
3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (10 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 pint grape tomatoes, halved
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
2 (8 inch) flour tortillas
1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in onion, and cook until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in beans and corn, then add sugar,tomatoes, and pepper flakes, and chili powder. Mix well.
- Cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- In another small sauce pan, heat another tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place a tortilla in the skillet, sprinkle evenly with cheese, then top with some of the bean mixture. Place another tortilla on top, cook until golden, then flip and cook on the other side.
- Divide and Conquer. Share and Enjoy!