Summer= baking berries.
Oh wait. Wrong Post. That was a few weeks ago. Well, summer also = delicious fresh summer salads. As we try to either lose those last few pounds and/or tone up for the beach, we all attempt to eat healthier as well in the midst of barbecues, fish fries and ice cream. I guess the key word is attempt.
Some vegetarians don’t love salads. I happen to be one of those that do. I actually have loved salads for much longer than I have been a vegetarian and now that my tastes have evolved, I am happy to get a little more adventurous with my salads.
This salad really isn’t Mediterranean but I thought it was the closest explanation for what it was. It’s packed with protein and flavor and I really think you’ll loveee it too.
2 cups packed arugula (or baby spinach)
1 cup mushrooms
8-10 medium cooked shrimp (roughly 1 1/2 cup)
1/2 cup sun dried tomato
1/4 cup feta cheese
4 tablespoons basil pesto
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
3 tablespoons olive oil
1) Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat.
2) Saute mushrooms for 2-3 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
3) Add shrimp to pan and saute for another 3-5 minutes until pink.
4) Remove from heat and set aside.
5) In a small bowl, mix together pesto, mayonnaise and 3 tablespoons of olive oil and set aside. If it is not thin enough, add some more olive oil.
6) Arrange arugula, top with sundried tomatoes, feta, sauteed shrimp and mushrooms.
7) Drizzle dressing on top of salad
8) Share and Enjoy!
I wanted some kalamata olives for this salad but I didn’t have any; however, I loved this salad and it was super tasty and enjoyable. It’s definitely more of a “meal” salad than a “side salad” but minus the shrimp and I think it is also a good side salad.