Summer Baking Series
I’ve fallen in love.
With my new cookbook. The recipes all look absolutely wonderful, but what really caught my eye was the layout of the cookbook. If I ever make a cookbook, it would be visually similar to this one with step by step PICTURES and simple directions. In love.
My first adventure into this cookbook (which is really a bakebook), was these little crunch cakes that I thought would be perfect for a couple of close buddies of BOOF, ss and js’s going away fiesta. Also, it was all within the theme of the summer baking series.
Adapted from: Frame by Frame Baking
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/4 teaspoons of baking powder
3/4 teaspoon of salt
2/3 cup cornmeal
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
2-3 tbsp lemon juice
3/4 cup unsalted butter
1 1/4 cup mixed berries ( I used strawberries, blackberries, raspberries and blueberries)
Zest of one lemon
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
2) Place 18 paper liners in two muffin pans
3) Place the flour, baking soda, salt, cornmeal, sugar, and butter in a food processor and pulse until a fine mixture.
4) Add in lemon juice and zest to the mixture. Then stir egg int the mixture.
5) Fold the berries into the mixture mixing well.
6) Spoon the berry mixture into the muffin tins and bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown.
7) Let cool.
8) Share and Enjoy!
This is a great way to have something fruity, simple, sweet, tart and delicious for summer. It is perfect for summer picnics because it is easy to pack up and take it with you, and I believe it would also be wonderful for the fall as well.