This is probably one of the tastiest dishes I have made in a while. Therefore, you should make it too.
It has a couple of different components but they all come together to make a delicious bite in your mouth.
Very slightly adapted from: Umami Girl
1 Cup Uncooked Brown Rice
1 Medium sized eggplant
1 Medium yellow onion
2 cloves garlic
1 1/2 cup sugar snap peas
1 cup medium sized shrimp
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2) Cook brown rice according to directions
3) Dice eggplant and onions into cubes. Mince garlic.
4) On a medium baking sheet spread out eggplant, onions and garlic and drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper.
5) Cook for about 20-25 minutes.
6) Meanwhile in a small frying pan, heat 2 tbsp. oil over medium heat.
7) Add shrimp and cook until pink (about 6-8 minutes). Season with salt and pepper. After about 4 minutes, flip the shrimp over and add sugar snap peas, and cover and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
8) Transfer brown rice to a medium sized bowl
9) Remove eggplant and onion mixture from oven and add to brown rice.
10) Remove shrimp and sugar snap peas from the heat and also add brown rice mixture.
11) Mix well and share and enjoy!
Gluten-Free, CHECK. Pescatarian, CHECK. Perfect for numerous occasions, CHECK. You’re going to go make this immediately, CHECK.
P.S. If you want this to be vegetarian, I recommend just removing the shrimp and adding tofu instead. 🙂