Crazy Scone Afternoon # 2
The original recipe did not call for Craisins, but I just couldn’t resist because it felt like something with a little texture was missing and craisins just seemed like it was the perfect addition.
Wish they were.
Adapted from Itsby Bitsy Foodies
2 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons butter, softened and cut into cubes
3/4 cup milk
2-3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup craisins
1) Sift and measure the flour.
2) Resift it with the other dry ingredients
3) Work the softened butter cubes into the dry mix with your hands
4) Add the milk.
5) Fold in craisins
6) Turn the dough on to a lightly floured surface.
7) Rolling the dough into a circle in the thickness of biscuits.
8) Gradually sprinkle cinnamon and brown sugar over the dough as you knead the dough ball. This will work the cinnamon and brown sugar into the dough.
9) Add all of the cinnamon and brown sugar gradually.
10) Cut the disc of scone dough into twelve squares and place them on a lined baking sheet with parchment paper.
11) Bake them at 400-425 degrees for 10-15 minutes until the bottoms are golden and the insides are done.
12) Share and Enjoy!
Oh these were good. These were really good.