Well, these weren’t scones but these were made on Scone Day. As I said before, I went a little crazy in the kitchen…
These are a slight variant of the cranberry lime muffins I made on an earlier date except I may like these more. I really like cranberry orange and then add some coconut…and you are in major delicious breakfast muffin territory.
7 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/3 cup whole milk
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Zest of 1 orange
Juice of one orange
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
1/4 cup granulated sugar for topping
3/4 cup shredded coconut
1) Put a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Line muffin pan with paper or foil liners or grease muffin pan
3) Melt and brown butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Watch carefully and remove from heat.
4) Whisk milk, egg, yolk, vanilla and lime zest until combined. Add the brown butter and combine.
5) Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl
6) Add milk and butter mixture all at one and stir gently to combine.
7) Gently but thoroughly fold in the cranberries and coconut.
8) Divide the batter among muffin cups and spread evenly and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
9) Bake for about 18-20 minutes and a toothpick comes out clean, about 18-20 minutes.
10) Cool in pan on a rack for 15 minutes then remove from the pan.
11) Share and Enjoy!
Awesomesauce. Yes, Awesomesauce.