End of Summer Orzo Salad.
Nothing too different from some of the other pasta salads that I have cooked up for you this summer, but I do love orzo because it is a pasta that secretly wants to be rice that secretly wants to be risotto. Sometimes I feel like that…not that I want to be pasta, rice or risotto, but more so I want to be a whole lot of different things and I don’t want to conform to being just one thing.
I don’t know if that made any sense and I should probably stop spilling my deepest thoughts.
Oh and this has a vinaigrette which makes everything just a little better.
1 medium sized cucumber
1 pint grape/cherry tomatoes
1 15 oz. can chickpeas
1 cup dried orzo
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1) Cook pasta according to package and drain.
2) Meanwhile, halve cherry tomatoes and rinse and drain chickpeas.
3) Slice cucumber and then cut into quarters.
4) In a small bowl combine red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper (to taste).
5) In a medium sized bowl, add pasta, cherry tomatoes, chickpeas, cucumber and then add vinaigrette.
6) Sprinkle some red chili pepper flakes on top…if you want a little kick.
7) Share and Enjoy!
Sad to see summer go but autumn is my favorite season. Bring on the apples and pumpkin!