Two in one. It is like Christmas around these parts. I’m giving you gifts left and right.
Do you ever make cookies just to eat the batter while you are making it? Oh dear, I hope that is not just me.
Do you ever make cookies with one type of “chip” and as soon as you take one warm chewy bite, you quickly think “self, this would be even more delicious with more than one type of chip”. Oh Dear, maybe this is also just me.
Well, in order to combat these issues (well, eating the batter is not an issue…I still do that), I now just usually always put more than one type of chip in my standard cookie base. You should probably start to do this to. And I don’t mean that you should do this by default when you are just using all of the leftover chips on your cabinet…do this on purpose. Let’s be serious, you can also do it by default.
These were inspired by good buddy of BOOF, Jiggles, who at one point this summer called me and told me about her tripchip cookies.
1 1/4 cup All-purpose Flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup choco chip*
1/4 cup white choco chips*
1/4 cup butterscotch chips*
* Mix up the type of chips to your liking
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2) Line baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil
3) Cream butter and sugars on medium speed
4) In a medium sized bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt).
5) Add egg and vanilla to butter and sugar mixture.
6) Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients
7) Turn of mixer and fold in chips
8) Place cookiedough balls about 2 inches apart from each other on a baking sheet
9) Cook for about 7-9 minutes ( I ALWAYS slightly under bake my cookies…makes them chewy longer).
10) Share and Enjoy!
Triple chip. Double chip. Single chip. It doesn’t matter…as long you just make them! 🙂