So. I have a few restaurant reviews to write, but I am just going to share all of the tasty things that have come out of my kitchen in the past month or so first.
This quick and easy pasta dish was made back in early October and it was full of lots of flavor and texture.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 pound of asparagus
1/2 package of ziti
1/2 cup of half and half or light cream
freshly grated lemon peel of one lemon OR 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/3 cup toasted pecans, chopped
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2) Cook pasta according to directions and drain.
3) In a baking dish, combine and coat with oil and rosemary. Place in oven for4-5 minutes until hot.
4) Remove baking dish and add asparagus and coat with oil and rosemary mixture. Cook for about 15 minutes in oven until tender.
5) In a large frying pan, heat the half and half until boiling over medium heat.
5) Stir in lemon peel/juice, salt and pepper and add pasta and asparagus. Toss to coat.
6) Transfer to bowl and top with pecans.
Note: I also topped with some Parmesan…I don’t really think that needs explaining. 🙂
Good and tasty. I really have begin to love the rosemary seasoned roasted vegetables…so look out for more of that to come.