BOOF Buddy Jiggles joined me in my 25 days of attempted Christmas cookies and we decided that we would use up some of her leftover pumpkin to make some of these scrumptious looking cookies.
Opposed to the other pillowy goodness pumpkin cookies that I have made in past, these featured a glaze and the cookie itself utilized cream cheese to add some increased texture and heftiness to the cookie. They were super good and received some rave reviews and I am sure that you will enjoy them too.
Adapted from: Taste of Home
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
4 cups confectioners’ sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup boiling water
1 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
1) In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugars until smooth.
2) Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3) Beat in pumpkin and vanilla.
4) Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
5) Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
6) For frosting, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners’ sugar, butter, vanilla and enough water to achieve frosting consistency
7) Share and Enjoy!
These are really good and the glaze/frosting just takes it over the top! I would use this glaze for just about anything…just saying.
For other fun pumpkin cookies: