One of the lovely ladies at my place of work had roasted, peeled and pureed some fresh pumpkin and because she knows how much I love to bake, she offered to bring me some in. I knew that I did not just want to make another cookie and I had wanted to make a pumpkin cranberry loaf for some time now, so I thought I would make it more easily shareable and make it into muffins.
These were sweet and tart and offered the perfect end of fall treat. I love the pop of cranberry even for color and these would also make a nice Thanksgiving morning treat.
Adapted from: All Recipes
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin (or fresh and pureed)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
0) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
1) In a bowl, combine the first dry ingredients.
2) In a stand mixer, beat the eggs and sugar.
3) Then add the pumpkin and oil and mix well.
4) Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
5) Fold in the cranberries.
6) Fill foil-or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
7) Bake at 400 degrees F for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
8) Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
A perfect little breakfast bite.