Oh hey there brown sugar cookie. I never met you before but you sound like you would be delightful. Oh hey there maple glaze, I conjured you up in my mind, but have yet to put you down on paper…until now.
After making this cookie and giving it to some BOOF Buddies, most notably Jiggles and ErBear, I realized that this could all in well be the cookie of the season. I did not realize what I was on to when I found this brown sugar cookie recipe because honestly, how many of you have actually heard of a brown sugar cookie? Yeah, me neither. However, this cookie is soft, chewy and more “cake like” than “cookie like”, and with the maple glaze on top, this cookie hits on all cylinders.
My BOOF buddies even raved that this may have been their favorite cookie that I have ever made. Wowza.
For the Cookies
2/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
1-1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sour cream
For the Maple Glaze
3 tablespoons maple syrup
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1) In a stand mixer (or hand mixer), blend together butter and brown sugar.
2) Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well.
3) Add vanilla; beat until light.
4) In a separate bowl, stir together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
5) Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with sour cream; mix well.
6) Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto non-stick or lightly greased baking sheets.
7) Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.
8) Remove to a wire rack; cool.
For the Maple Glaze:
9) Melt the butter.
10) Mix together butter, confectioners sugar, vanilla and maple syrup.
11) Top cookies with maple glaze.
12) Let glaze set.
13) Share and Enjoy!!!!!
These bad boys just melt in your mouth like little brown sugar maple pillows of goodness. This cookie combines both fall and winter in little bite size forms of happiness, and I am sure these cookies won’t last on that holiday platter long.