Day 7 included making a lifetime favorite with BOOF Buddy ErBear, White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies.
However, Day 8 included a cookie that I just dream’t up. You know sometimes, I get these wild cookie ideas in my brain and although I never know if it will actually work and or taste good, this one actually did. Yay me! I actually find this to be a perfect Christmas morning cookie because with the blueberries, it definitely leans toward more of a breakfast cookie. And let’s be serious here…who does not want an excuse to eat cookies for breakfast?
These were pretty well received and although you can’t really taste the cream cheese, it definitely added that nice extra moistness to the cookie.
1 stick unsalted butter (1/2 cup)
1/2 cup sguar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking sioda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cream cheese (4 oz.)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup (12 oz.) blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Lightly grease cookie sheets and set aside.
3) In a stand mixer, beat together sugars and butter. Once light and fluffy, add egg and vanilla. Then add cream cheese and the mixture should appear slightly “curdled” (for lack of a better word).
4) In a medium sized bowl, sift together dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
5) Then slowly add dry ingredients into stand mixer (on low) until all the dry ingredients are well incorporated.
6) Stop the stand mixer, then fold in your blueberries GENTLY. Gently is the key here because if you are too aggressive with it, you will have blueberry juice all over the place.
7) Drop 1 1/2 inch balls (approx) on your baking sheets. Bake for on 350 for 9-11 minutes until the tops are slightly browned.
8) Cool on wire rack.
9) Share and enjoy!
Once again, this is probably the perfect cookie for Christmas morning. Especially since Christmas falls on Sunday this year, I would not mind grabbing one of these on my way out the door to church on Christmas morning. 🙂
Note: Although this is definitely a cookie that is more properly suited for the summer when blueberries are in their freshest state, I don’t know why but I just find this cookie works with the idea of snow. Yeah, I know it doesn’t make much sense but I am sticking to my guns on this one.