A mouthful to say. A mouthful to eat.
A delicious mouthful to eat.
These are an adaptation of a cookie from the Bon Apetit website that inspired me to attempt 25 days of cookies and holiday treats. Now, I will honestly say that I will sadly fall short of 25 days of holiday treats, but I will come close and with all the cookies and treats that are in the bellies of friends, co-workers, and myself…I would say that this is a pretty successful venture nonetheless.
You should make these cookies this week. They will be the life of your Christmas party. You should make these cookies all the year round. They will be the life of your life (yeah, I know that did not make any sense).
Adapted from Bon Apetit
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
10 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup (packed) brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup butterscotch chips
1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
1/4 cup milk chocolate chips (for drizzling)
1) Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350°F.
2) Line with parchment paper or lightly grease.
3) In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
4) In a stand mixer or using an electric mixer, beat butter and both sugars in large bowl until smooth.
5) Beat in egg and vanilla.
6) Add flour mixture and oats and mix until blended.
7) Fold in all chocolate and butterscotch chips and cranberries.
8) Drop batter by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared sheets, about 2 inches apart.
9) Bake cookies, 1 sheet at a time, until edges are light brown, about 12 minutes.
10) Cool on sheets for about 5 minutes.
11) Transfer to rack; cool completely.
For Chocolate Drizzle:
In a small saucepan, heat chocolate over low heat until melted. To thin out, add vegetable oil by the teaspoon until desired consistency.
Using small spoon, drizzle melted chocolate over cookies in zigzag pattern. Let stand until milk chocolate sets, about 1 hour.
DELICIOUS. Tartness of the cranberry balances out sweetness of the chocolate and butterscotch chips. Perfect. Delicious. Holiday. Everyday.