On my quest towards 25 holiday cookies and treats in 25 days, I had to make some “filler” cookies. You know, the filler standard cookies that are delicious but nothing too special. Well, they are still cookies and they still taste delicious and feel wonderful in your belly, so I guess there really is no issue here.
1 stick unsalted butter (1/2 cup)
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoom baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or grease.
2) In a stand mixer, beat together butter, sugar and egg until light and fluffy.
3) Add vanilla and continue to mix well.
4) In another bowl, sift together dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
5) Add dry ingredients to stand mixer and mix dough well until all the dry ingredients are fully incorporated.
6) Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts using a spatula.
7) Drop 1 1/2 inch size balls onto your baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
8) Share and Enjoy!
Classic. Traditional. Tasty.