Day 14 featured the # 1 most made cookie in the world: Chocolate Chip.
I am going to tell you something that may shock you…a simple chewy delicious Chocolate Chip cookie…is my favorite. My favorite. I love cookies…I don’t really discriminate, but give me a perfectly baked chocolate chip cookie and I might just give you my heart. Well, that’s a little bit of an exaggeration but I do really love my chocolate chip cookies. So here it is.
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 stick unsalted butter (1/2 cup)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2/3 cup chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2) Line baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil
3) Cream butter and sugars on medium speed
4) In a medium sized bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt).
5) Add egg and vanilla to butter and sugar mixture.
6) Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients
7) Turn of mixer and fold in chips
8) Place cookiedough balls about 2 inches apart from each other on a baking sheet
9) Cook for about 7-9 minutes ( I ALWAYS slightly under bake my cookies…makes them chewy longer).
10) Share and Enjoy!