This was one of the first things I made on my Paleo adventure. Paleo is a bit of a greater challenge with someone with my pescatarian dietary restrictions, but I was determined to make it work and get all of my necessary nutrients in. I actually finally started taking a multivitamin just to be extra safe because I heard word that there were probably nutrients that I would still be deficient in.
More about the dish. This dish is tasty for those on paleo or those not on paleo. It is something different to do with shrimp and the flavors are all nicely balanced. If one is not on Paleo, I would just serve this over rice to give yourself a more hefty meal. All in all, I would definitely make this again even without Paleo.
2 lbs shrimps, peeled and deveined
2 tbsp butter or coconut oil
1 onion, chopped
2 tsp curry powder
2 tsp tomato paste
1/2 cup veggie stock
1 cup coconut milk
2 tightly packed cups shredded spinach
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1) Heat a large skillet over a medium-low heat and cook the onion in the butter or coconut oil until it begins to soften. About 3 minutes.
2) Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, stir in the curry powder and continue cooking for a minute.
3) Place mixture in a blender or a food processor, add the tomato paste as well as the veggie stock and coconut milk. Process or blend until smooth.
4) Pour the mixture back in the skillet and bring to a simmer.
5) Add the shrimps and spinach and cook, covered, for about 5 minutes, until the shrimps are just cooked.
6) Share and enjoy!
Super simple and quick! Good flavor and good for you!