I’m back. I’ve cooked. I’ve baked. I haven’t blogged. I’m sorry.
But I am getting ready to make it up to you with a thunderstorm of blog posts to hopefully catch you up on what I have been up to in the kitchen for the past couple of months.
I left off with a delicious Quinoa salad that I whipped up one evening for dinner. Although it will now be difficult to find Butternut squash due to the season, I believe that this could equally work well with some summer squash and/or zucchini.
I also really liked the addition of the dried cranberries which added a nice touch of sweet to the rather savory dish.
1/2 butternut squash
1 cup uncooked quinoa
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup sweet peas
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Rinse and cook quinoa according to directions (Just like rice— boil and simmer).
3) Cube butternut squash into 1/2 inch-inch cubes.
4) In a small baking dish, roast squash in a teaspoon of olive oil and salt and pepper for about 10-12 minutes until slightly softened.
5) In a small bowl, combine cooked quinoa, sweet peas and dried cranberries.
6) Gently fold in butternut squash and season to taste with salt and pepper.
7) Share and enjoy!
A simple dish that has a nice flavor combo and perfect as a side dish or a main meal.