Celebrating two anniversaries here! Not only is this the year of the 100th most deliciously delectable oreo cookie, but this is also my 250th post! Heyo!
I’ve “baked” with the delicious oreo cookie before for the well-known absolutely amazing Oreo Truffle, but I wanted to do something a little different for the Oreo’s anniversary. I thought what better way was to turn the oreo cookie into another cookie! Right?!?
These cookies are delicious and rather than ravaging through the fresh pack of oreos once bringing them home from the store ( I may have done this in my life), you should stop, pause, and make this cookie.
1 pack oreo cookies (I made this with the standard cookie but I believe that if you wanted to change it up, you could use any variety of the oreo)
1 1/4 cup flour
1 8 oz. block/container of cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 stick unsalted butter (1/2 cup)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a food processor (or with a bowl and mortar/a rolling pin and a ziplock bag), crush up oreo cookies.
3) In a stand mixer, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and continue to beat.
4) In a medium sized bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
5) Carefully add dry ingredients to the butter, sugar and egg.
6) Gently fold in oreo cookies and cream cheese.
7) Once well mixed, drop 1 1/2 inch cookie dough balls onto baking sheets (pre-greased!).
8) Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
9) Optional step: Melt white chocolate chips according to directions on package. Spread white chocolate on top of each cookie.
10) Share and enjoy!
These cookies were tasty, soft and not overpowering in sweetness. Additionally, even people who were not too crazy about white chocolate, LOVED the white chocolate addition to the cookies. I would even consider throwing white chocolate chips into the actual cookie. Yowser. Delicious. Enjoy.