This is probably the first snack attack I have ever shared with you. Don’t get me wrong…I love to snack. Actually, snacking is one of my favorite past times, but for some odd reason I have not shared with you some of the tasty (and most of the time) healthy snacks that are a staple in my kitchen!
First things first. If you are one of those individuals who tends to not like things of the “green” variety, you probably will not like this snack. However, if you are an individual who tends to enjoy things of the salty and/or crispy variety, I am about 99.8% sure that you will enjoy this snack. Greatly.
This is a perfect snack or quick little appetizer for an evening meal. Really quick. Like lightning. Except not as quick as lightning.
2 bundles of kale (or however much your heart desires)
1) Preheat oven t0 375 degrees.
2) Rinse Kale and remove the leaves from the stalks. You can also cut up the Kale into smaller bite size portions.
3) In a large bowl, mix Kale, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, sea salt and pepper. Coat all the leaves of the kale well with the olive oil.
4) On a large baking sheet, spread out Kale and place in oven for 10-12 minutes.
5) Remove Kale when leaves have gotten a slight crispy char.
6) Share and Enjoy! But don’t burn your mouth!
This is a simple and healthy snack that can be whipped up in no time. It’s a perfect way to get that salty craving which you usually intend to fill by pretzels or potato chips, but without all of those carbs!