I like snickerdoodles. I like white chocolate. What could be better than combining the two for a delicious treat? I came upon these little gems while perusing Pinterest one day, and was instantly intrigued and actually wondered to myself why I had not thought of these before. Alas, I did not but I am very happy that Cookies and Cups did, and I think you should probably make these and share them with your friends because they are quite tasty.
Adapted from Cookies and Cups
1/2 cup shortening (or just use 1 cup butter, two sticks)
1/2 cup unsalted butter
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 3/4 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp sugar
1) In a stand mixer, beat the shortening, butter, eggs, and sugar together. Set aside.
2) In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
3) Transfer the dry ingredients into the stand mixer and mix with the creamed sugar mixture until incorporated.
4) Chill dough for at least 1 hour in refrigerator.
5) Preheat oven to 350° degrees fahrenheit.
6) Mix 2 tbsp of sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon in a small bowl.
7) Scoop a rounded tablespoon sized ball of dough, dip in cinnamon sugar mixture and form it around 1 white chocolate piece (or 4 regular sized white chocolate chips).
8) Roll out another small dough ball, dip in cinnamon sugar and lay it on top of the other chocolate filled dough ball.
8) Place cookies on ungreased baking sheet 2 inches apart.
9) Bake for 10 minutes or until edges slightly golden.
10) Remove from oven and let cool for a couple of minutes before transferring to wire rack to finish cooling.
11) Share and Enjoy!