This was a quick little dish that I whipped up in order to up my protein in take, keep the health levels high but still remain flavorful. You could do a many easy variations of this dish but I like the flavor combo of these three items because of its balance.
1 medium sized sweet potato
1 summer squash
1/2 package (12 oz.) of extra firm tofu, cubed.
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
2) In a small bowl, mix extra firm tofu with 1 tsp. olive oil, 1/2 tsp. balsamic vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon of soy sauce. Cover and set aside.
3) In a baking dish, transfer sweet potato and squash. Drizzle with a 1/2 teaspoon olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
4) Roast in oven for about 8-10 minutes.
5) After about 10 minutes (the sweet potatoes should be slightly softened), transfer the tofu into the baking dish and continue to roast for another 6-8 minutes. Toss well. Season to taste with more salt and pepper (you shouldn’t really need much because the tofu will have marinated for a decent amount of time and the juices will spread).
6) Remove from oven when sweet potatoes are softened and tofu is heated all the way through.
7) Top with some parsley.
8) Share and Enjoy!
A really simple yet filling dish. You could add additional veggies, but I think sometimes too many vegetables can allow the veggies to start competing with one another and all of the flavors do not really come through. I do not believe this was the case with this dish because it was just three simple ingredients, but the flavor was good and it filled me up quite nicely.