You are probably very confused. Very.
Have no fear, your vegetarian venturer is still a vegetarian. Nevertheless, I have always said that although I am a vegetarian, I have no problem cooking or dealing with meat. Well, maybe I have never told you that but that is the case and I am sticking to it.
So why am I making a meat entree you ask? Well, bf of BOOF, Brickwall (his nickname, not mine 😉 ), loves peppersteak. It is one of his favorite foods, so being the awesome gf that I am (haha), I decided that I would make him some of his favorite foods. The peppersteak is part I.
Adapted from: All Recipes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 large bell peppers, sliced into thin strips (I used one green, one orange)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 pounds flank steak, cut into thin strips
1) Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
2) Cook onion, bell peppers, and garlic in oil until tender-crisp, stirring frequently. Set aside.
3) Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pour soy sauce, honey, and red wine vinegar in pan, then add beef. Add some meat tenderizer.
4) Cook beef, stirring frequently, until done, about 10 to 15 minutes.
5) Stir in cooked vegetables, and cook another 10 to 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
After making this, I told the bf that I could make this frequently because it is super EASY. When going about it again, I would probably tweak it and add some more heat to the dish, maybe a touch of jalapeno pepper or red chilli pepper chili flakes. All in all, the flavor was good especially it being my first time attempt at peppersteak. BF liked it, so if he plays his cards right, he’ll probably get it again sometime.
P.S. Make some white rice with this and serve it over that!