Holy yum yum. These were so good and so simple and not only in this a perfect little kid snack (to get them to eat their veggies), but it is also a perfect big kid snack and I would even serve these as an appetizers to friends and family!
Simple directions, simple ingredients and delicious flavor is the perfect way to make a snack attack because what fun is taking an hour to make a snack that is gone in less than 15 minutes? Right? I also really like this snack because you can really alter the flavor based on which type of cheese you decide to use, which can also distinguish between a little kid vs. big kid snack.
Ok, enough talking. Start snacking.
Adapted from: Stacey Snacks
1 head of broccoli (approx. 2 cups)
1 cup shredded cheddar
1/2 cup goat cheese
1/2 cup shredded parmesan
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs (ideally I would use Panko, but all I had was Italian on deck…but go with the Panko if you have them!)
1) In a medium sized sauce pan, steam broccoli until slightly tender, about 5-6 minutes.
2) Remove broccoli and drain. Set aside.
3) In a medium sized bowl, combine eggs, cheeses, bread crumbs and broccoli. Mix well.
4) Form little patties and place on baking sheet (line with parchment paper or LIGHTLY grease).
5) Bake for about 25 minutes, flipping about 15 minutes through.
6) Remove from oven (they should be nice and golden brown).
7) Share and Enjoy!
I feel that mixing different cheeses made this work beautifully. These were so goo and so simple and I could eat them all the time. However, I wont…but I would.