What the what.
I am sure that is exactly what you said to yourself when you read the title of this treat I whipped up. Whatthewhat. That is almost what I thought when I saw this delicious treat on Pinterest and I knew exactly who I would be making it for. Don’t you just love that? When you see something or you conjure up a recipe idea that you know certain people will absolutely love? That is a reason why I love to bake. I love knowing that something that I am going to make will not only perfectly satisfy the desired parties palette, but they will also be filled with some degree of happiness and joy upon eating it (potentially followed by a touch of regret when they eat the entire 2 dozen cookies, pan of brownies or birthday cake…). But that is love. Sharing is love. Caring is love. Generosity is love. Baking is love.
Now you are probably wondering who I made this for? Well, I have two very important people to me who both love Pistachios and both love sweets. Therefore, this was being made to be split between the two of them. You know because fudge is so rich and all. Mamadukes and the BF, my pistachio-lovin-sweettooth-havin loves, were the recipients of this treat and I really think if you have anyone in your life that has a particular liking to Pistachios, you will make this for them. Immediately. Do it.
Adapted from RecipeGoldmine
1 12 oz. bag white chocolate chips (You could also use 1 lb. white bakers chocolate)
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
3 cups confectioners’ sugar
1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract (I actually omitted this, added some more vanilla and it was still delicious)
1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Green Food Color
1/2 cup chopped pistachios
1. Line an 8-inch square pan with foil, allowing foil to extend over sides of pan. Spray with no stick cooking spray. ***Side note: I might actually try using wax paper on a next attempt because I had the HARDEST time removing these. Ever. Like EVER.
2. Melt chocolate using double boiler as directed.
3. Beat cream cheese in stand mixer. Gradually beat in sugar on low speed until well blended.
4. Add melted chocolate, extracts and food color; mix well.
5. Fold in chopped pistachios.
6. Spread evenly in prepared pan. Garnish with additional pistachios, if desired.
7. Refrigerate until firm (overnight). Use foil to lift out of pan onto cutting board. Cut into squares. Store in refrigerator.
8. Share and Enjoy!
This was really delicious. Super rich and super sweet but the nuts added a great balance to the texture.