Wow. I am feeling so much love. Thank YOU all of my friends for making yesterday my most successful day ever on the blog! To know that my friends are reading what sometimes feels like incoherent food babble (which it probably is), makes me so unbelievably happy. YOU are the reason why I started writing this blog over 2 years ago. I am always shocked when I hear friends tell me that they love reading my blog because then I’m all like “what, you actually read my blog” and then lets not even talk about when my friends tell me that they make the stuff I made…crazy. For real.
Anywho, Thanks friends. Thanks for truly being the best friends this foodiegirl could ask for. In the mood for America’s favorite cookie, I decided that I wanted to make some delicious treat incorporating them. I got to browsing my pins and saw this delicious looking brownie oreo bar that I knew was the winner. Sometimes brownies need a little bit sprucing up, and this is a perfect treat with only a few steps to do just that.
Adapted from: Picky-Palate
1 Devils Food Cake Mix
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
14 Oreo Cookies (approx), broken into bite size pieces ( I used the NEW Oreo Ice Cream Cookies & Cream Cookies….clearly amazing)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line a 9×13 inch baking pan with tin foil sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Place cake mix, butter and egg in stand mixer and mix well.
4. Press batter into prepared baking pan. Use spatula or hands to spread.
5. Top batter with broken pieces of Oreo.
6. Pour sweetened condensed milk over cookies and top with chocolate chips.
7. Bake for 23-25 minutes, until cooked through. Cake mix should bubble up over cookie/milk/chocolate chips.
8. Remove from oven to cool. Slide knife around edges to loosen, about 5 minutes after removing from oven.
9. Let it continue to cool. Share and Enjoy!
These were delicious. They were chewy and rich but the nice crunch from the oreo was also in perfect balance. Put it this way, these didn’t stand a chance lasting more then 5 days. Make these. You will not regret it.