Needless to say, this was not on my Daniel Fast. These were actually made prior to the Daniel fast, but I ALMOST forgot to post them. Good thing I did not forget because you definitely would have been missing out on a truly wonderful cookie. This is essentially what happens when I buy oreos and try to find ways not to eat the entire package in one sitting…I bake treats with the oreos. I really do not know if this is actually a more health wise decision (actually, I am certain that it is not), but I love the idea of taking America’s favorite cookie and turning it into something even more gluttonous and delicious. I am probably very wrong for that but no one is complaining when they are stuffing their faces with these treats.
I made these and shared them with some very dear people to me and they all loved them. Problem is that they disappear very quickly, so you may consider AT LEAST a dozen per friend. Their waistline might hate you but their heart and soul will love you.
Slightly Adapted from: Lovin’ From the Oven
1 stick softened butter
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ¼ cup flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1/2 package of Oreos (about 15) Broken into pieces
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In stand mixer, mix butter, and sugars until light and fluffy.
3. Add egg and vanilla until mixed well.
4. In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt into a large bowl.
5. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients in mixer and then stir in Oreos and chocolate chips until just combined.
6. Make 2 inch balls and place onto baking sheet about 1/1.5 inches apart.
7. Bake for 10 minutes or until cooked, but still soft.
8. Let cool on baking sheet for 2-3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
9. Share and Enjoy!
Yeah, so you better hide a few aside for yourself or you will not get any of these. These are essentially a standard chocolate chip cookie with Oreos thrown in, but that slight addition takes an otherwise standard cookie to another level. It is a very easy recipe and I know that all of your friends and family will be thoroughly glad you made these.
If you liked these, you might also like: