A while back (Pre-New Years), I made these little snack bite zucchini tots. These are very similar to the Broccoli Bites that I made sometime last year that were a little mouthful of deliciousness. Although these little snacks do not currently fall into my current healthy eating plan, that does not mean that they are not healthy and you can’t enjoy them! They are super simple to make (especially with a food processor), and they are once again a perfect way to get kiddies to eat their veggies.
I also think that these would also make a perfect appetizer for Super Bowl Sunday or any party/event.
Adapted from Skinny Taste
1 cup zucchini, grated
1 large egg
1/4 medium onion, diced
1/4 cup reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1/4 cup seasoned panko breadcrumbs
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
2. Either prepare baking sheet with foil or parchment paper or lightly oil 12 cup muffin tin.
3. Using shredding attachment, pulse zucchini and onion until thinly diced.
4. In a medium bowl, mix together all ingredients. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (For an additional kick, add 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper).
5. Make out little bite size balls of zucchini mixture or fill up each lightly greased muffin tin.
6. Bake for about 15-17 minutes until golden.
7. Remove. Share and Enjoy! (But don’t burn your tongue!)
When I re-implement dairy back to into my diet, I will be making these again. And I am really considering making these and the broccoli bites for the Super Bowl. Win.