I am passionate about a few things and breakfast is one of them. You always hear that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and I strongly agree with that statement.
This is a perfect little breakfast item that can last you a couple of days (if you are cooking for 1-2 people). This makes for easy quick mornings but you’re still packed with protein and veggies. I also like recipes like these because you can add and subtract whatever veggie your heart desires. I think on another go around I would switch out the spinach for some Kale and maybe add some sweet potato or zucchini. Nomalicious.
Adapted from 30 Days of Amazing Paleolithic Breakfasts
1 (10 oz.) package, frozen chopped spinach (you could also use freshly steamed)
3 large eggs, beaten
3 large egg whites, beaten
1/2 medium red bell pepper, diced
1/4 medium onion, finely diced
pepper to taste
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
2) Coat 12 cup muffin tin with coconut oil (or whatever oil is your preference)
3) Cook spinach according to directions, drain out excess liquid.
4) In a medium bowl, combine spinach with all the other ingredients listed and mix well.
5) Divide the mixture between the muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean).
6) Share and Enjoy!
Makes 12; Per serving
Calories 62; Fat 4.9 g; Cholesterol 47 mg; Carbs 1.8g; Fiber 1.0 g; Protein 3.5 g