Hey friends! Sorry I’ve been MIA for these past few days but life has been soooooo busy. I work so much (potentially too much but that’s quite alright), so between 5 am workouts and working lots of back to back shifts, all my additional time has gone to sleeping and eating. Whoopie. Oh don’t you worry, my meal prep has been on point so it’s been lots of clean-eating as well!
I made this a while back but it is a super delicious clean eating meal with tons of flavor. Mom loved this as well so I know it is a sure fire hit!
Adapted from Rush Hour Dinners
1 cup uncooked brown rice
5 teaspoons olive oil
2 pounds asparagus, trimmed
1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce (or liquid amino)
2 teaspoons rice vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
1 small white onion
1 pound large shrimp, cleaned
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Boil rice according to directions.
3) Lightly oil baking sheet and set aside.
4) In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, onion and rest of olive oil. Toss asparagus and shrimp in mixture.
5) Spread asparagus on baking sheet and roast for 10-15 minutes turning about halfway through.
5) In a non-stick skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add shrimp and season with crushed red pepper. Cook until shrimp are opaque.
6) Remove asparagus from oven and toss into skillet, mixing all ingredients together for 1-2 minutes.
7) Add serving of rice to plate and then top with shrimp and asparagus mixture. Drizzle with sesame seeds and soy sauce (liquid amino) to taste.
8) Share and Enjoy!
For real good. I might actually have to make this soon and to get some more protein for my bang, use quinoa instead of brown rice. Booyah.