Oh friends. I am so deeply sorry that it has been FOREVER since I have posted. I have recently begun working at my job full-time and it really took me the past couple of weeks to get settled into my new schedule. I think I have finally gotten into a little groove and I am THRILLED because my life has just been so crazyyy and I missed sharing all of my delicious treats with you!
I have really been on top of my meal prep and clean-eating ways, so have no fear…I have not faltered! This was another awesome recipe from HeyFranHey’s monthly challenge back in February. Yeesh. I am way behind. However, this is for vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike…although my non-veg buds might not completely agree. Additionally, although I served my version on a half of a whole wheat sandwich thin, my gluten-free buds could either use GF bread or even serve them over a bed of greens (which I honestly think sounds like the most delicious option).
Oh and these are really not for those friends who can not take spicy stuff…these are very spicy and absolutely scrumptious.
Adapted from Food Heaven Made Easy
2 cups of cooked chickpeas
1/4 cup of shredded carrots
1 jalapeño, de-seeded and finely chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tablespoon of flaxseed
1/2 cup of rolled oats
1 teaspoon of curry powder
1 teaspoon of oregano
1/2 cup of water
1 tablespoon of olive oil (or coconut oil)
Salt to taste
1) Blend all ingredients (except olive oil and oats) in a food processor or blender. BE CAREFUL WITH THE JALAPENOS. DO NOT BURN YOUR EYES OUT. 🙂
2) When finished blending, add in oats and manually stir until they are evenly distributed.
3) With your hands, form mini-burgers with the chickpea mix. Should yield 7-8 burgers.
4) Preheat oven to 400F, and lightly oil a baking sheet with olive oil.
5) Bake for approximately minutes on each side, or until brown and crisp. Top with Sriracha! Yesssss.
6) Share and Enjoy!
P.S. The girls from FoodHeavenMadeEasy are AWESOME. They have tons of great recipes, their Youtube channel is fantastic and they are just really cool ladies. Check them out!