Oh Hello loves. I was going to give you another snack review but that will just wait for tomorrow. I have been neglecting you in the recipe department which is just a shame because I have made some pretty delicious things in the past month or so. I have confessed on numerous occasions my love for breakfast, so when Mama’s Day rolled around I wanted to combine my new found clean-eating awesomeness with pancakes. Duh. Only the best for my Mama.
I came up with these little gems and they are definitely so good that you don’t even realize how good they are for you. Nom. They are simple and just require a lot of TLC to execute perfectly. You should probable make these tomorrow…seeing that it is a holiday and all so you have plenty of time to make some.
Makes two servings
1 cup Oat flour (I just throw some old fashioned oats into a food processor)
1 ripe banana
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp coconut extract
2 tablespoons plain non-fat greek yogurt
1/4 cup stevia (or xylitol)
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1) Mash banana (using a spoon) and add oat flour, and almond milk. Mix well until incorporated.
2) Add in rest of ingredients and mix well.
3) Heat medium sized sauce pan on low heat.
4) Add batter to pan cooking on each side for about 3-4 minutes (cook first side until batter begins to bubble).
5) Cook evenly on both side and remove from heat.
6) Stack beautifully (You could even throw some banana slices and coconut shreds in between), and then finish it off with some additional coconut shreds and banana slices on top.
7) Share and Enjoy!
I topped mine with Walden Farms Pancake Syrup (no sugar, no carbs, no calories) but Mom just enjoyed hers with regular Aunt Jemima Syrup. These were super scrumptious and I would definitely file these away to make again.