Oh my loves. I’m sorry I have kept these pancakes from you for such a long duration, but my life primarily consists of gym,work,church,study. On repeat. I’m neglecting my friends and family during these days and although they all understand, it’s hard because its summer and I want to play!
Nevertheless, I do have meal prep and occasional tasty treats built into my busy schedule (a girls got to eat!), and these pancakes were SLAMMING. I know pumpkin in the summer is going against the grain, but you have my permission to make these nomalicious guilt-free pancakes. These even got Mama’s stamp of approval! Boom.
Makes about 5 medium/large pancakes
1/2 Cup Oat Flour
1/4-1/3 Cup Canned Pumpkin
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
6 tablespoons Xylitol
1 large egg
1 tablespoon chobani non-fat plain yogurt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons cacao/carob/dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup stevia in the raw
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 tablespoon dark chocolate peanut butter (for topping)
1) Mix together all the wet ingredients in a large bowl.
2) Sift together all the dry ingredients. ***Everything except the choco chips
3) Mix together dry and wet ingredients. Gently fold in choco chips.
4) On low heat, add batter to lightly oiled frying pan (I use about a teaspoon of coconut oil which lasts for the whole batch).
5) Allow pancakes to cook for about 3-4 minutes on one side then flip and let them cook for another 2-3 minutes on the other side.
6) Remove from heat. Set aside. Repeat.
7) In a microwave safe bowl, microwave 1 tablespoon dark chocolate peanut butter (I use PB Company) until melted (about 25 seconds).
8) Spoon on to of pancakes.
9) Share (if you can) and Enjoy!
I really have no words for these pancakes because they were literally just that good. Make them and let the flavor prove itself.