So I can always eat pancakes and I love pancakes, so here is another fun pancake recipe for you all.
I like chocolate just as much as the next person, but I’m not one of those chocoholics who likes all chocolate everything. However, I love this recipe because it has the perfect amount of chocolatiness (yeah, I made that word up…so what!) without being too overpowering. Andddd it’s a clean recipe, duh. Gah, I love breakfast. And pancakes. And chocolate. And breakfast. And pancakes. And chocolate. 😉
1/2 cup oat flour
1 large egg
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tbsp non fat plain yogurt
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
2 tbsp Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter (Optional)
3 tbsp xylitol
1/4 cup stevia
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1 scoop chocolate or vanilla whey
1 cup of sliced strawberries
1) In a medium sized bowl, sift together dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and cocoa). Set aside.
2) In a separate bowl, combine egg, xylitol, stevia, yogurt, almond milk and vanilla and mix until well combined.
3) Heat 1 teaspoon of oil (I use coconut oil) on skillet over low-medium heat (closer to the lower heat end of the spectrum).
4) Mix together dry ingredients and wet ingredients until well incorporates.
5) In a small bowl, heat up peanut butter until slightly melted. Mix in PB and protein powder (if using) to the pancake batter.
6) Pour batter on skillet until pancake is of desired size. Let it cook for at least 4 minutes on one each side before flipping.
7) Flip. Continue to Cook. Remove. Layer pancakes with Strawberries and a chocolate sauce (I use a walden farms, they sell it at most grocers these days). Stack high.
8) Share and Enjoy!