It’s been unseasonably warm here in the northeast (no complaints here!), but I am not letting that stop be from cooking for the season!
I love autumn so much not just because my birthday falls during this month, but also because I just love everything about the leaves changing colors (it’s truly majestic where I live), fall boots and sweaters. And soup. I’ve definitely shared my love of soup before, so get ready for more of that!
Whipped up this quick butternut squash soup last night which is full of spice and flavor and I can’t wait to eat another bowl today. Still so many recipes to share with you all, but I will get there!
1 butternut squash, halved- seeds scooped out
3 cups water
1 cup vegetable broth (I prefer unsalted)
1 can full fat coconut milk
4 tsp. curry powder
3 tsp. cumin
2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
Coconut or olive oil (just to coat the squash before roasting)
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Prepare baking sheet. Coat underside of squash with olive oil and some salt and pepper.
3) Flip over and cut a few knife slits into each half squash (helps it to cook quicker)
4) Roast for about 40 minutes.
5) Without about 10-15 minutes until your squash is finished roasting, add water, broth and a dash of salt and pepper to a large pot and bring to a boil.
6) Once your squash is done, let it cool until its easy to handle, remove skin (should come off nice and easy), and place squash in the pot.
7) Add the rest of your seasonings to the pot and stir well.
8) Let squash and seasonings simmer over medium heat for about 15-20 minutes.
9) Transfer mixture over to blender/food processor/vitamix or blendtech.
10) Process soup by batch until nice and smooth.
11) Return soup to pot over low-medium heat and add your can of coconut milk. Stir well and let simmer for another 10-15 minutes.
12) Season with salt and pepper and additional spices as needed.
13) Share and Enjoy!
So simple. So delicious. It’s morning time and I want some more of this soup now. 😊